We have releasing an online version of our maturity assessment tool !
Is your consulting spend aligned with your strategy? Do your teams have an advanced understanding of the consulting market including trends and fee benchmarks? Did you implement dynamic management of your consulting panel? Do you use demand management to control your consulting spend? The answers to these questions will help you assess the maturity of your consulting sourcing capability.
Consulting procurement organizations should aim to reach a high level of maturity, where the team is using best-in-class practices and brings significant efficiency gains for the procurement group and company as a whole. But before an organization can draw their path to excellence, it must first evaluate where it stands today on the maturity grid.
Understanding the starting point of your consulting procurement journey is probably as important as defining where you want to go.
About The Consulting Maturity Grid ™
Our methodology allows you to measure were you stand in your journey to improve the maturity of your consulting procurement.
The maturity grid touches upon four key areas that are essential to consulting procurement:
- Strategy, Governance & Organization
- Sourcing Process
- Enablers (manuals, guidelines, and systems)
- Category Management
Organizations typically fall into one of four levels when it comes to procuring consulting services :
- Best In Class
To get started ask yourself the following questions :
- Do you have a procurement team or person focusing on consulting?
- Is procurement involved in the procurement process?
- To what extent do you organize competitions between providers for your projects?
- Do you use NDAs systematically?
- Do you manage a pool of providers?
- How do you measure the performance of your consulting providers?
- Do you consider creative fee structures for your projects?
- Are your consulting expenses aligned with your strategy?
- Do you have a make-or-buy strategy for the consulting category?
To take the test visit our website consultingquest.com